Calcium & Vitamin D

Calcium is the fifth most abundant mineral in our bodies. An adult person has approximately 1,250 grams of calcium, 99% of which can be found in bones and the remaining 1% is located in intra- and extracellular fluids. Calcium is essential for the development and maintenance of a healthy bone mass. Vitamin D facilitates absorption by the small intestine.

Bones are continually being reabsorbed and reshaped while incorporating calcium in their structure in the same manner as other calcified tissues, such as teeth, where calcium is essential for the formation and maintenance of healthy teeth.
In addition to helping to maintain healthy bones and teeth, calcium is essential in the coupling between excitation and conduction of the heart muscle. On the other hand, calcium is involved in blood clotting, the transmission of nerve impulses, muscle contraction and the stimulation of hormonal secretion. As a calcium ion (Ca++), it participates as a cofactor in many enzymatic reactions and intervenes in the metabolism of glycogen.
Contribution to intake 2 comprimidos (adultos)
950 mg

Vitamina D
5 mg

Nutritional Information

Serving: 2 tablets. This product does not provide significant amounts of energy value, carbohydrates, proteins, total fat, saturated fat, trans fat, dietary fiber or sodium.


50 tablets

Recommended intake

Children up to 9 years of age: take 1 tablet a day with breakfast. Adults: take 1 tablet with lunch and 1 tablet with dinner. The suggested dose exceeds the RDI for calcium for infants up to 11 months and the RDI for vitamin D for adults. In adult doses, this product can cause toxic effects due to the accumulation of fat-soluble vitamin D; therefore, this product should not be consumed again witho


Not to be taken by people with hypersensitivity to the components of the formula. People suffering from chronic kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism or ulcers should consult a doctor before consuming this product. Calcium supplements could modify the absorption of iron compounds or antibiotics such a

Biographic reference
› Holick M.F. El papel de la vitamina D en la salud ósea y la prevención de fracturas. Informes de Osteoporosis actual.  September (2006), Volume 4, Issue 3, pp 96–102. Disponible en:
› Bischoff H., Stähelin H., y otros. Efectos de la vitamina D y la suplementación de calcio en las caídas: un ensayo controlado aleatorizado. (2003), J Bone Miner Res 18: 343–351. Disponible en:
› Dawson-Hughes B., Harris S.S., Krall E., Dallal G.E. Efecto de la suplementación de calcio y vitamina D sobre la densidad ósea en hombres y mujeres de 65 años o más. N Engl J Med (1997); 337:670-676. Disponible en:
› Chevalley T., Rizzoli R., Nydegger V. y otros. Efectos de los suplementos de calcio sobre la densidad mineral ósea del fémur y la tasa de fracturas vertebrales en pacientes ancianos con exceso de vitamina D. Osteoporos Int (1994); 4:245-252.
› Prince R., Devine A., Dick I. y otros. Los efectos de los suplementos de calcio (leche en polvo o tabletas) y el ejercicio sobre la densidad ósea en mujeres posmenopáusicas. J Bone Miner Res (1995);10:1068-1075.
› Ooms M.E., Roos J.C., Bezemer P.D., Van der Vijgh W.J.F., Bouter L.M., Lips P. Prevención de la pérdida de masa ósea mediante la administración de suplementos de vitamina D en mujeres de edad avanzada: una prueba aleatoria doble ciego. J Clin Endocrinol Metab (1995); 80:1052-1058.
› Harvard T.H. Chan. Escuela de salud pública. La fuente de nutrición. Calcio: ¿Qué es lo mejor para tus huesos y tu salud? Disponible en:

Active compounds


This mineral helps maintain healthy bones and teeth. It is also essential in the coupling between the excitation and conduction of the cardiac muscle. Calcium is involved in blood coagulation, the transmission of nerve impulses, muscle contractions, and stimulation of hormone secretion



When you wake up

If you feel tired and without energy to face your daily routine when you wake up, you should probably check your sleep patterns. A good quality night's sleep is the basis for waking up refreshed, alert and energized.

In the morning

Being well hydrated is important to maintain energy levels. At this time of day, check to see if you have started to incorporate the water you need for your daily routine.


If you have included a lot of refined carbohydrates in your diet, this can lead to unstable blood sugar levels and produce the fatigue you feel at this time of day. Choose fiber-rich whole foods such as vegetables and legumes as much as possible.

In the afternoon

Not consuming enough daily nutrients and calories may be the cause of your lack of energy. When we consume fewer calories, our body slows down to conserve energy and thus causes a feeling of fatigue.

At night

Too much daily stress can produce a feeling of fatigue and lack of energy. There are stress reduction techniques that can help you.

Related products


Guarana, ginseng & magnesium


Guarana, pollen & Vitamin E